Terminal emulator is an Android application that turns your Android device into an computer terminal.
It is useful for accessing the command line shell (built into every Android phone) or use custom one (installed separately).
This allows you to run various command line utilities.
"TermOne Plus" is an open source project licensed under "Apache License 2.0".
It is successor of
Jack Palevich's "Terminal Emulator for Android".
Application development of is maintained
publicly - source code repository, issue tracing and etc.
Main features </>
- Navigation drawer;
- Multiple windows;
- Launcher short-cuts;
- UTF-8 console;
- Emulates reasonably large subset of Digital Equipment Corporation VT-100 terminal capabilities;
Supported terminal types: vt100, screen (default), linux, screen-256color, xterm, xterm-256color.
- Material design (icons, colors, etc);
- Terminal screen color schemes like
"Dark Pastels", "Solarized Light", "Solarized Dark" and etc.
- Localized for these languages and/or territories (locales):
Chinese (Simplified, China) (zh_Hans_CN) or (Traditional, Taiwan) (zh_Hant_TW),
Hebrew (Israel) (iw),
Norwegian Bokmål (nb),
Portuguese (pt) or (Portugal) (pt_PT),
The default language is English (en_US).
List of few available commands </>
- am: activity manager
- pm: package manager
- ps: report a snapshot of the current processes
- cd: change directory
- pwd: print name of current/working directory
- ls: list directory contents
- mv: move (rename) files
- cat: concatenate files and print on the standard output
- screencap: take a screenshot
- netcfg: configure and manage network connections via profiles
- netstat: network statistics
- All PKIX-SSH commands like ssh, sftp, scp, ssh-keygen and etc. provided additionally
from application "Secure Box".
- All OpenSSL commands - also from application "Secure Box".
- 1 Apr 2019
Released android package version 2.9.1
- Properly restart activity after change of some preferences with warning message on screen.
- New preference "Size calculation" allows user to chose how terminal calculate screen size - used for compatibility with old devices or some soft-keyboards.
- More precise "text" selection based on real start and end points.
- Do not reset terminal on closed session - avoids application crash.
- 20 Feb 2019
Released android package version 2.9.0
- Update remote actions (like run script) to ignore invalid request.
- On "Open New Window" action show newly opened windows instead first one.
- On "Send" action change directory only for "file" scheme.
- Simplified "launcher" icons.
- 22 Dec 2018
Released android package version 2.8.0
- Navigation drawer.
- Material design - new only vector based icons.
- Material design - colors only from palette "Blue Gray" and "Light Green"(secondary).
- New "Dark Pastels" terminal color scheme.
- Reorder preferences - list most usable first.
- Display "action mode" buttons over action bar.
- "Telnet" source sample based on support library.
- 11 Nov 2018
Released android package version 2.7.0
- Terminal window supports multilanguage command arguments.
- Use white icons on toolbar.
- Deprecation of path broadcast due to Android 8.0 restrictions.
Only applications like "SecureBox" could share path with extra commands.
- On Android 8.0 and higher avoid message "No apps can perform this action" when "shortcut" widget is opened.
- 14 Oct 2018
Released android package version 2.6.0
- Version ready for Oreo (8.0) and Pie(9.0) - new notification management.
- This release requests "Storage" permission at run-time.
- Other compatibility improvements that target recent requirements for Android 9.0 (API Level 28).
- 6 Sep 2018
Released android package version 2.5.4
- Proper size and precise text positions when shortcut is created with "color text icon".
- 3 Aug 2018
Released android package version 2.5.3
- Activity "Add Shortcut" is rewritten to use more compatibile look.
- 30 Jun 2018
Released android package version 2.5.2
- Rewritten "Preferences" activity to use modern API with backward compatibility.
- 28 Apr 2018
Released android package version 2.5.1
- Window list (activated from menu or action bar) is rewritten for compatibility.
- Copy and paste functionality is stabilized in case with finished terminal session.
- 14 Mar 2018
Released android package version 2.5.0
- New action-bar management that ensures same functionality on all supported devices: from 2.3 (Gingerbread) to 8.1 (Oreo, Go edition).
- Also includes related compatibility updates in menu of terminal window and localization messages.
- 21 Jan 2018
Released android package version 2.4.0
- More precise text selection.
- Fixed management of control and functional key and proper detection of F1-F9 keys.
- Stability correction - ignore output if session is finished.
- New application icons with light color scheme.
- 13 Dec 2017
Released android package version 2.3.2
- New application nofication icon.
- Correct alerts added in 2.3.1 to work in dual mode - for normal and compatible activities.
This avoids crash in actions like "close windows", "help" and etc.
- 18 Nov 2017
Released android package version 2.3.1
- Correct help-url location packing error, introduces in 2.3.0 and added alerts if system can not open an URL.
- 13 Nov 2017
Released android package version 2.3.0
- New application icon.
- Switch between dark and light theme in "File selector" activity.
- 11 Nov 2017
Released android package version 2.2.1
- Rename exported file picker activity to "File selector" and fix compatibility issue with some ancient Android versions.
- 31 Oct 2017
Released android package version 2.2.0
- New more compact look of "Find Command" activity - used by "TermOne Plus" to pick command when is created shortcut.
Remark: Activity is available for other applications as action used to pick a file -
for instance by messaging applications to chose file as attachment to message.
- Portability fixes.
- 1 Aug 2017
Published version 2.1.0 of android package
Source of version 2.1.0.
- Improve "windows list" management when launched from menu (should avoid crash in some cases).
- Rewrite widget "Create Shortcut" - use layout with theme.
- Rounded icon launcher (for Nougat 7.1).
- Corrections for Bulgarian translaltion.
- 29 May 2017
Published version 2.0.2 of android package
Source of version 2.0.2.
- Added Bulgarian translation.
- 31 Mar 2017
Published version 2.0.1 of android package
Source of version 2.0.1.
- Improved German and French translation.
- Larger aspect ratio to support new Android flagship devices.
- Avoid memory leak on Android 7.0 Nougat devices when look for Wi-Fi service.
- 17 Jan 2017
Published version 2.0.0 of android package.
- 15 Jan 2017
Released source version 2.0.0.
- rename exporter permissions and actions to com.termoneplus
- allow coexistence with original application
- replace deprecated FloatMath - as result "TermOne Plus" runs on
Marshmallow (6.0, API level 23) or newer (Nougat and etc)
- rewrite code do not use deprecated method for gesture detection and notification
- added support for "xterm-256color" terminal type
- switch to UTF-8 console output by default
- translation fixes (all)
- use recent build tools and libraries
- build native libraries with cmake
- 29 Dec 2016
Make source code repository public.
First beta package published for internal testing.
Android package is available on Google Play Store.
Package source tarball could be downloaded from